A. To provide guidance for preschool children, regardless of race, color, religion or nationality, with experiences which will help children adapt to adults other than parents, to children their own age, and to new experiences.
B. To teach academic, social, and cultural values to children through stories, songs, poems, prayers, playing, and group experiences in sharing. NO attempt will be made to guide any child in the doctrine of Faith United Church of Christ or any other denomination, however, the atmosphere and objective of Faith Preschool shall be consistent with the Christian ethic.
The specific goals for preschool can best be met by providing each child with opportunities through appropriate materials, play, and first-hand experiences. These goals are set up to help the child...
- Be successful in his/her association with peer group and adults other than parents.
- Gain emotional control and confidence in his/her abilities.
- Grow in independence.
- Respect the rights of others.
- Defend his/her rights.
- Share and cooperate
- Reduce his/her fears.
- Broaden intellectual abilities.
- Prepare him/her for future educational opportunities.
- Learn through listening and following directions
- Discover who he/she is and how he/she relates to the environment.
- Feel that he/she is a worthwhile individual by developing a healty self-image
- Improve perceptual motor skills